Red Lodge, Montana is a quaint town that sits on the edge of the beautiful Beartooth Highway and Yellowstone National Park. Red Lodge was an old mining town and has tons of history and a great downtown full of restaurants and a brewery.
These days, outdoor enthusiasts call it home, and for good reason. Red Lodge has a great ski resort, awesome rock-climbing and some of the best trout fishing creeks in Montana. The Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness area is one of the wildest regions in Montana and in the United States.
Make Red Lodge your base-camp for exploring Yellowstone and the region. You can stay at one of the many campgrounds listed below.
Public campgrounds near Red Lodge, Montana:
- Cascade and Basin campgrounds are good options for folks heading into the Beartooth Wilderness. Head South on Highway 212 about 12 miles from Red Lodge then turn west on West Fork Road. Basin Creek is 2-3 miles up the West Fork Road; Cascade is 10-11 miles.. Call (406) 446-21203.
- Parkside, Limber Pine and Greenough Lake are all part of the Rock Creek Recreation Area and are about 11 miles South of Red Lodge and at the foot of the Beartooth Highway. Call (406) 446-2103.
Private campgrounds near Red Lodge, Montana:
- Red Lodge KOA offers tent and RV camping about four miles North of Red Lodge. Call (406) 446-2364.
- Perry’s RV Park and campground is on Rock Creek 1.5 miles South of Red Lodge. Call (406) 446-2722.
- Montana Campgrounds: Helena, Montana
- Montana campgrounds: Bozeman
- Montana Campgrounds: Missoula
- Montana Campgrounds: Kalispell
- Montana Campgrounds: Lewistown