Five of the best Glacier National Park hikes in the Two Medicine region
The Two Medicine area of Glacier National Park offers some of the more secluded hiking for your Montana vacations. But just because this area isn’t as popular as some other parts of Glacier doesn’t mean you won’t find excellent views and great Montana hotels and lodging nearby.
- Running Eagle Falls: Really cool water fall, where one part of the fall spills off a cliff, while the other part pours out of a cave from an underground river. At only .1 miles from the parking lot, this is a great wonder to see with small children.
- Cobalt Lake: At 5.7 miles and with 1,400 feet elevation gain, this spectacular Glacier hike will give you a work out, but it’s well worth it. You’ll see vast fields of wildflowers all the way up, get great views of the Two Medicine lakes, and enjoy the unreal blue of Cobalt Lake.
- Dawson Pass: This one’s a real challenge for the avid Montana hiker. At 6.7 miles and with an elevation gain of nearly 2,500 feet, you’ll want to get an early start. The views will be well worth it though, and it’s one of the view parts of the world where you’ll have any chance of spotting a wild wolverine.
- Scenic Point: A hike that really earns its name, Scenic Point offers great views and an excellent opportunity for Montana photography. It’s just 3.1 miles, but you’ll gain about 2,300 feet in that short stretch.
- Aster Park: Here’s another one that’s great for the family. It’s only a 1.9 mile hike, partially along the banks of Two Medicine Lake, and gains just 750 feet, with a rewarding waterfall at its end.
If you are interested in doing these hikes, we recommend you consult with a Glacier National Park guide, or visit a park ranger station for the most up to date information on wildlife activity, trail closings and weather.
- Montana Best Hikes: Glacier National Park, Lake McDonald
- Montana Best of Hikes: Glacier National Park Many Glacier
- Montana Best of Hikes: Glacier National Park, Logan Pass
- Montana Best of Hikes: Glacier National Park, North Fork
- Montana best of fishing: Glacier National Park