Experience Montana’s Glacier National Park on horse back
Perhaps one of the most unique and best ways to see the vast paradise that is Glacier National Park and the excellent wilderness areas that surround it is on horseback. Travel over vast terrain, visit hard to reach places, see amazing views, and enjoy yourself while exploring Montana on horseback. Here are a few outfitters we would recommend in the area around Glacier National Park for your Montana vacation.
- Swan Mountain Outfitters:
Is the officially sanctioned provider of trail rides in Glacier National Park, operationg out of three corrals in the Apgar, Lake McDonald and Many Glacier regions. Guests can choose rides ranging from an hour up to full day. They also provide ride/pack services to Sperry and Granite Chalets. Reservations recommended, call (406) 888-5010.
- Glacier Gateway Trailrides: Glacier Gateway provides guided horseback tours on the western border of Glacier National Park, in the heart of Blackfoot Country. Native American guides will guide along excellent trails through spectacular mountains. See wildlife such as bear, moose, elk and deer. Get away from cars, trucks, buses and the stress of modern transportation with an awesome Glacier country horse back ride. Call (406) 338-5560.
- Flying Eagle Ranch: Get off the beaten path with a professionally guided horseback ride into the Flathead National Forest. This amazing National Forest features landscapes, wildlife, and outdoor opportunities like it’s neighbor, Glacier National Park, but with far fewer people. Flying Eagle offers 1-hour, 2-hour, half-day and full-day trail rides.
- High Country Trails:
This horseback riding vacation company offers tours of the scenic Flathead Valley, ringed by the peaks of Glacier National Park, the Jewel Basin Wilderness, graced with the amazing Flathead Lake. Trail rides range from one and 1/2 hours to all day on a private 800-acre family ranch. The ranch has amazing wildlife, wildflowers, and inspiring views all around Flathead Valley. Some highlights include a two-hour tour of the ranch with saddlebag lunch or evening rides with an old west steak cookout. Take private or group lessons pro. Call 406-755-1283.
- Montana best of fishing: Glacier National Park
- Glacier National Park: Winter Guide
- Montana Best of Rafting: Glacier National Park
- Find a Montana Lodge: Glacier National Park
- Montana Weddings: Glacier Park Lodge