Make your Glacier National Park visit perfect with a cozy Montana lodge
Glacier National Park is truly one of the most spectacular places Montana offers. It’s got lush valleys, cascading waterfalls, majestic peaks and abundant wildlife. Hiking, skiing, backpacking, fishing, rafting and horseback riding make up just a few of the activities you can find here. To rest up after all this, you may want to consider a Montana lodge. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins: Well known for hospitality, hearty breakfasts and affordable rates, you’ll find it perfectly located in Montana’s scenic Bad Rock Canyon, just minutes from Glacier National Park. The Flathead National Forest is also nearby, as is Flathead Lake. The Main Lodge was built in 1907 and updated in 2003. Tamarack has eight family sized cabins that sleep up to six guests each, five cabins that sleep up to four guests each and several more options. You can reach them at 406-387-4420.
- Belton Chalet & Lodge:
Located just a few yards from Glacier National Park’s west enterance, this lodge, built in 1910 and extensively restored, offers a stay in an historic part of Montana, with access to hiking, fishing, rafting, hunting and many other Montana activities. Amenities include lobby fire place, fire places in some of the rooms, and much more. Call (888)235-8665.
- Glacier Park Lodge: Built almost a century ago by the Great Northern Railway, this amazing lodge in East Glacier Park, Montana, made of enormous timbers, has 161 guest rooms accommodates more than 500 people. It houses the Great Northern Steak and Rib House, a cocktail lounge, a gift shop, outdoor swimming pool, nine-hole golf course and more. Provides great access to the Two Medicine area of the park.
- North Forty Resort: The North Forty offers log cabins that include affordable options single travelers or groups of family and friends. Amenities include full kitchens, log furnishings, fireplace, covered porches, barbecues, and more. On site, there is also a hot tub, a bonfire area, cross-country skiing or hiking trails. Call406-862-7740.
- Great Northern Lodging: Great Northern provides cozy log-built chalet as a base for exploring nearby Glacier National Park. Lodging comes in two sizes, larger units include a full bath and 3 queen size beds upstairs, and a half bath downstairs. Amenities include full kitchens, sleeper sofas, efficiency kitchens in smaller units, televisions, upper and lower decks, gas grills, and much more. Call (800) 735-7897.
- Hideaway Resorts LLC: Represents multiple ‘Off the Beaten Path’ Montana lodges and vacation homes. Hideaway finds you the hidden, private, welcoming and restful retreats along scenic rivers, on a lakes, with mountain views, or in forests. These places will bring you close to hiking, backpacking, horseback riding, rafting, fishing and many other popular Montana activities. Call (406) 862-5500.
- St. Mary Lodge and Resort: On the northeast border of Glacier National Park, offers lodge and motel rooms, cabins, and our new luxury cottages with terrific views of Glacier. Here you’ll find all the Montana outdoors activities nearby, as well as great shopping and food with the lodge’s two restaurants serving buffalo, trout, prime rib, and huckleberries. Luxury accommodations with decks on each unit facing Glacier National Park. Some rooms also feature fire places, expanded living space and hot tubs. Call (406) 732-4431.
- Montana Weddings: Glacier Park Lodge
- Find a Montana Lodge: Whitefish
- Montana Best of Hikes: Glacier National Park Many Glacier
- Montana Best of Hikes: Glacier National Park, Logan Pass
- Montana Best of Rafting: Glacier National Park